Joe in 30 Years

9 Jun

I was watching Office Space (a fucking classic), can couldn’t help but picture Joe as Tom in 30 years time. Sure, right now Joe is energetic and passionate to the point of dumb-assery, but give it 30 years in the real, and often cruel, world.

Take a look at Tom’s classic “Jump to Conclusions” invention, and tell me that’s not Joe right there.

What’s your favorite shitty idea from film/TV?

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

19 Responses to “Joe in 30 Years”

1. Randy Mazie June 9, 2012 at 9:38 AM #

Let’s not jump to conclusions – using the box on the mat that reads. “Too Quickly.”

Joe could have come up with a shittier idea than a “Jump to” mat. I have all the confidence in the world in him – especially with 30 years of experience behind him.

Randy

2. Mrs. P June 9, 2012 at 9:40 AM #

My favorite shitty idea: Jack Dawson playing poker for “unsinkable steamliner tickets”. That didn’t turn out as planned.

3. Sword-chinned bitch June 9, 2012 at 10:34 AM #

Number A — you got me at Office Space is a fucking classic! Number B — fucking BRILLIANT! What a refreshing blog…

4. Val June 9, 2012 at 12:23 PM #

Naagaa, naga… Nagannaworkhereanymore so who cares?! Good stuff!

5. MissFourEyes June 9, 2012 at 12:30 PM #

That is totally Joe!

6. ROAS June 9, 2012 at 3:38 PM #

Jump To Conclusion Mat was the best invention of all time.. Yeah, I definitely expect that from Joe.. :) )

7. facelikeafryingpan June 9, 2012 at 8:16 PM #

Would Joe really be able to truly appreciate the word play involved with the Jump To Conclusion mat? This may be out of his scope.

8. lazylauramaisey June 10, 2012 at 4:44 AM #

Hi. I’ve nominated you for the Reader Appreciation Award

• lazylauramaisey June 10, 2012 at 4:45 AM #

• Joe's Shitty Ideas June 11, 2012 at 10:06 AM #

Thanks for liking this shit enough to nominate it!

• lazylauramaisey June 11, 2012 at 10:58 AM #

It’s good shit!

9. zookyshirts June 10, 2012 at 6:18 AM #

That movie still rocks. We all should aspire to come up with pet rock and jump to conclusions ideas. And I love that scene when they bash the printer to bits. A total classic.

10. saymber June 10, 2012 at 1:52 PM #

Office Space is on my top fav movie list for sure! It’s funny you mentioned the Jump to Conclusion mat as I thought of that example one of the first posts I read here lol.

11. billdorman June 10, 2012 at 8:13 PM #

Looks like you’ve been missing a lot of work lately.

I wouldn’t say I’ve been *missing* it, Bob.

12. drewpan June 10, 2012 at 9:13 PM #

Holy crap! I was just watching Office Space with my friends on Friday night as well!

13. sixpuns June 11, 2012 at 10:46 AM #

That would have sold, though, people will buy almost anything.

14. 2Bruces June 11, 2012 at 4:27 PM #

Hi,

Thank you for liking our “Mindless Entertainment” post on our Two Bruces blog.
    We’ve been reading yours and will not be able to get anymore work done this afternoon. Thanks a lot!

We would if we could nominate Joe for Bruce-dom if the by-laws permitted it. He seems to fit all the necessary parameters, but maybe next year.

Great blog!

15. WHeinemann June 12, 2012 at 11:46 PM #

Love this movie! Classic and so true if you have ever worked in an office!!!

16. The Wandering Mind June 14, 2012 at 1:23 PM #

I haven’t watched Office Space in years. I’m gonna pickup the special edition tonight, I remember seeing it for $10 at the mall!